1. To enhance the role and number of Black attorneys in the state;
2. To focus attention on legal, political and social issues which affect members of Black community, and to address those issues as a unified body;
3. To provide a vehicle for interaction between Crawford members and members of other Black business and professional organizations;
4. To establish ready lines of communication and affiliations with other local and national bar associations;
5. To undertake such programs, activities and projects in promotion of Crawford’s long-standing goals as are legally permissible under the laws of the State of Connecticut.